Cyberseminar Series: Major Challenges in Key River Basins
Join us for the Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science (CUAHSI) 2018 Fall Seminar Series: Major Challenges in Key River Basins Around the World, which will take place on Thursday at 4pm PST, beginning September 20, 2018.
In this seminar series, you will hear perspectives from a diverse set of emerging researchers regarding the challenges and possible solutions facing major transboundary river basins in the world, such as the Indus River Basin in Pakistan, the American and Sacramento River Basins in California, the Ohio River Basin in the United States Midwest, and the Nile River Basin in Ethiopia. You will gain an increased appreciation for the complexity of water management in such basins and will be inspired by the innovative and novel methods being used to solve the many challenges they face.
All talks take place on Thursdays at 4:00 p.m. ET with the exception of October 4 which will take place at 3:00 p.m. ET.
Dates, Speakers, and Topics:
- September 20: Water Management and Climate Extremes in the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Basin | Scott Steinschneider, Cornell University
- September 27: Title TBA | Hassaan Furqan Khan, Stanford University
- October 4*: Evaluating FEW Nexus in the Coupled Natural-Human System with Agent-Based Modeling | Y.C. Ethan Yang, Lehigh University (at 3 p.m. ET)
- October 11: Optimal resources allocation in the Upper Blue Nile basin | Mariam Allam, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- October 18: Title TBA | Patrick Ray, University of Cincinnati